Are you an experienced field service engineer with a strong customer focus?
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to provide high quality installation, repair and preventative maintenance of equipment and software for a variety of clients across the island of Ireland. If you have a passion for problem solving and wish to work in the dynamic medical devices industry, then we would love to hear from you. You will be joining a team of highly experienced, dedicated engineers working on cutting edge products that have positive impacts for people and communities in the world of health and science.
- You will provide ongoing technical support across Brennan & Company’s client’s product range to 3rd level institutes, national research institutions, hospitals, and industries throughout Ireland & Northern Ireland.
- Install, calibrate, commission and service scientific, medical, laboratory, environmental and process monitoring instrumentation, including
- Resolve issues, repair, or perform maintenance functions in client locations or in workshop as required
- Identify, analyze, and repair product failures, order replacement parts as required
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with specified & agreed schedule
- Calibrate instruments or test equipment according to established standards
- Support sales team in client meetings, demo’s, trade shows and workshops with technical expertise/product knowledge as required
- Assist in the development of company documentation related to equipment installation and servicing
- Relay customer feedback including sales opportunities, customer complaints, and service/failure trends to product managers and field service manager
- Provide technical product training and basic user functionality training to customer base when required
- Assist in achieving the service team’s goals and targets and expand the sales support/servicing function
- Complete all service reports and associated paperwork in accordance with company procedures and processes
- Undertake product and technical training as required.
Key Capabilities Required
- 3rd level qualification in an instrumentation or electronic engineering discipline
- Experience working with complex instrumentation
- Technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with strong follow up
- Experience in an engineering and/or servicing role, preferably within the scientific laboratory, environmental or process monitory equipment field
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, schematic diagrams, and procedure manuals
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish priorities and manage a workload under time pressure
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with the ability to write reports communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Ability to travel to client sites in assigned geographical areas and nationally sometimes on short notice including occasional on call and weekend working
- Full clean driving license
- A team player with a positive, can do attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Lunch allowance
- Fully expensed company car
- Laptop and mobile
- Income protection
- Sports and social club
To apply please send a CV and cover letter via our gateway here: Apply Here
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.