Are you an experienced Account Manager or Sales Professional with a strong educational background in food science or microbiology?
We are seeking a Product Specialist/ Key Account Manager to create, manage and grow the relationships and business with large, complex accounts within the Irish diary and food marketplace.
In this role you will be accountable for the sales relationship, growth, profitability and resource integration within each targeted account. You will identify growth opportunities and build customer relationships to increase our position in the marketplace. This key role will lead the promotion and direction of our product Dairy and Food portfolio.
- Increase market share by developing new and existing accounts into long-term and profitable relationships through a robust sales and discovery process.
- Supports the development of the strategic customer initiatives to deliver customer goals.
- Manage installations and training, troubleshooting any issues with customers. Develop solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.
- Negotiate, maintain, and renew customer contracts.
- Create innovative sales programs, identifying and acting on selling opportunities, responding to competitor activities, making effective sales presentations and making effective use of sales data.
- Act as the customer’s representative and primary customer contact. Coordinate resources for the customer to increase the customer experience.
- Understand all features and capabilities of your products and services and be able to communicate them to the customer.
- Uses internal resources and operational support to accelerate growth and profitability for assigned accounts.
- Continuously cultivates relationships with clients and internal departments through frequent discussion and interaction.
- Grow business by anticipating customer needs, determining appropriate solutions to business problems, and providing an overall high level of customer service.
- Meeting potential new customers by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
Key Capabilities Required
- Honors Degree in Dairy Science or Food Science preferred (other science related subjects may be considered).
- Strong, demonstrated sales experience in relevant field of technical sales or similar experience in the dairy industry preferred.
- Experience of food quality and safety testing desirable.
- Experience in developing sales plans, comfortable speaking profit & loss and developing sales forecasts
- Complex solution or consultative selling experience preferred
- Experience managing a geographical dispersed customer base
- Ability to establish a rapport and develop long-term relationships with prospective clients
- High-proficiency negotiation skills to construct contracts that mitigate risk and foster “win-win” relationships with customers
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Full clean driving license
What we can offer you
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Life assurance
- Death in service
- Career advancement
- Health and wellbeing program
- Generous annual leave
- Fully expensed car
- Mobile phone
To apply please send a CV and cover letter via our gateway here: Apply here