UK Sales Representative – Molecular Food Microbiology
We are seeking an experienced scientific sales representative with a strong molecular food safety background who will use a proactive, strategic and results-oriented approach to sell equipment and consumables for the rapid detection of foodborne bacteria to new and existing accounts throughout the United Kingdom. Reporting to the sales manager, you will be responsible for implementation of the sales strategy, progression of the sales pipeline and penetration of competitive accounts in order to achieve annual sales targets.
At SMC (NI) Ltd., you will be joining a team of dedicated and well established professionals including sales, product applications and field-engineering experts who work together on the joint goals gaining new business and of retention of existing customers through exceptional customer support.
The maintenance and development of long-term customer and supplier relationships, coupled with the ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs are key to the success of this role.
- Execute strategies and action plans to drive molecular food safety consumable and equipment sales to current and new customers.
- Prospect new accounts and manage existing customers
- Generate proposals, prepare sales quotations, plan customer meetings, and perform product demonstrations to showcase capabilities of product
- Provide leadership in market analysis and development, communicating current market intelligence to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
- Provide technical and sales leadership during the sales process by demonstrating the full range of products including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers
- Develop and deliver product training to customers on equipment use, in conjunction with our applications specialist
- Monitor existing customer installations to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships
- Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and customer training
- Use market and product knowledge to assist sales team in developing sales, marketing and customer service strategies
- Manage and develop supplier relationships, to include responsibility for meeting annual performance targets
- Third level qualification in microbiology/food science.
- Molecular microbiology background an advantage
- Knowledge of UK food industry and contract testing labs.
- 3+ Years in a sales role (B2B)
- Proven sales track record
- Confident, motivated individual with strong communication skills
- Full Clean Drivers Licence
- Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Uncapped commission
- Company car plus fuel card
- Pension contribution
- Lunch Allowance
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Mobile Phone and Laptop
Applications by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org